In the states of North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Louisiana, Alabama, Florida, Texas, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, SPA’s forensic engineering services have involved investigating and analyzing accident events, providing verbal reports, written reports, pre-trial consultations, deposition testimony and/or trial testimony. Examples of these projects include but are not limited to:
- Employee safety and employer safety responsibilities on multi-employer worksites. Such work sites involve employees, exposing employers, creating employers, correcting employers, and controlling employers.
- Slip, trip and fall accidents at commercial stores, apartments, shopping malls, etc. visited by the general public.
- Consumer product warning analyses.
- Visual perception issues related to accident causation.
Case Examples Include
- Fatal and non-fatal falls from buildings, scaffolds (fixed and suspension), ladders, drywall stilts, bridges, structural steel, equipment, industrial vehicles, through hole openings including roofs and skylights.
- Contact with power lines, electrocutions and injuries caused by charged electrical sources.
- Material handling accidents related to cranes, forklifts, rigging equipment, lifting techniques, trucks, and other specialized equipment.
- Practices and procedures involved with the safe loading and proper securing methods of cargo inside of containers and on flatbed trailers both mechanically and manually.
- Maritime Safety.
- Machine guarding accidents.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Fall Protection Practices.
- Confined spaces.
- Explosions and safe work practices.
- Accidents related to industrial and product warnings.
- Accidents associated with roadwork including workers struck by passenger and commercial vehicles and unsafe road conditions.