In the states of Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, New Jersey, and the District of Columbia, SPA’s forensic engineering services have involved investigating and analyzing accident events, providing verbal reports, written reports, pre-trial consultations, deposition testimony and/or trial testimony. Examples of these projects include but are not limited to:
- Employee safety and employer safety responsibilities on multi-employer worksites. Such work sites involve employees, exposing employers, creating employers, correcting employers, and controlling employers.
- Slip, trip and fall accidents at commercial stores, apartments, shopping malls, etc. visited by the general public.
- Consumer product warning analyses.
Case Examples Include
- Fatal and non-fatal falls from buildings, scaffolds (fixed and suspension), ladders, drywall stilts, bridges, structural steel, equipment, industrial vehicles, through hole openings including roofs and skylights.
- Contact with power lines, electrocutions and injuries caused by charged electrical sources.
- Falls from industrial vehicles and railroad cars.
- Material handling accidents related to cranes, forklifts, rigging equipment, lifting techniques, trucks, and other specialized equipment.
- Practices and procedures involved with the safe loading and proper securing methods of cargo inside of containers and on flatbed trailers both mechanically and manually.
- Machine guarding accidents.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Fall Protection Practices.
- Scissors and aerial lifts.
- Steel erection.
- Accidents related to industrial and product warnings.
- Trash removal and landfill equipment.
- Concrete forming and general carpentry.
- Visual perception issues related to accident causation.
- Investigated numerous accident events occurring at transportation terminals in port of Baltimore and admiralty cases.