In the states of Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, New Jersey, and the District of Columbia, SPA L.L.C.’s forensic engineering services have involved investigating and analyzing accident events, providing verbal reports, written reports, pre-trial consultations, deposition testimony and/or trial testimony. Examples of these projects include but are not limited to:
- Employee safety and employer safety responsibilities on multi-employer worksites. Such work sites involve employees, exposing employers, creating employers, correcting employers, and controlling employers.
- Slip, trip and fall accidents at commercial stores, apartments, shopping malls, etc. visited by the general public.
- Consumer product warning analyses.
Case Examples Include
- Fatal and non-fatal falls from buildings, scaffolds (fixed and suspension), ladders, drywall stilts, bridges, structural steel, equipment, industrial vehicles, through hole openings including roofs and skylights.
- Contact with power lines, electrocutions and injuries caused by charged electrical sources.
- Falls from industrial vehicles and railroad cars.
- Material handling accidents related to cranes, forklifts, rigging equipment, lifting techniques, trucks, and other specialized equipment.
- Practices and procedures involved with the safe loading and proper securing methods of cargo inside of containers and on flatbed trailers both mechanically and manually.
- Machine guarding accidents.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Fall Protection Practices.
- Scissors and aerial lifts.
- Steel erection.
- Accidents related to industrial and product warnings.
- Trash removal and landfill equipment.
- Concrete forming and general carpentry.
- Visual perception issues related to accident causation.
- Investigated numerous accident events occurring at transportation terminals in port of Baltimore and admiralty cases.