SPA L.L.C. has been actively involved in the development and presentation of safety and health training materials and programs. SPA L.L.C. has designed specific training programs based on client request and has provided on-site training on numerous safety topics such as accident investigation, hazard communication, fall prevention, equipment operator practice and responsibilities, risk management, and others. Training programs offered are tailored to meet the specific needs of each client.
As an instructor with The National Resource Center for OSHA Training (The National Resource Center for OSHA Training was established in 1994 as the Region III OSHA Training Institute Education Center), Mr. Pulz has taught the following OSHA Training Institute (OTI) courses:
- 510 Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the Construction Industry
This course for private sector personnel covers OSHA policies, procedures, and standards, as well as construction safety and health principles. Topics include scope and application of the OSHA construction standards. Special emphasis is placed on those areas that are the most hazardous, using OSHA standards as a guide. Upon successful course completion, the student will receive an OSHA construction safety and health 30-hour course completion card.
- 500 Trainer Course in Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the Construction Industry
This course is designed for personnel in the private sector interested in teaching the 10- and 30-hour construction safety and health outreach program to their employees and other interested groups. Special emphasis is placed on those topics that are required in the 10- and 30-hour programs as well as on those that are the most hazardous, using OSHA standards as a guide. Course participants are briefed on effective instructional approaches and the effective use of visual aids and handouts. This course allows the student to become a trainer in the Outreach Program and to conduct both a 10- and 30-hour construction safety and health course and to issue cards to participants verifying course completion.
- 502 Update for Construction Industry Outreach Trainers
This course is designed for personnel in the private sector who have completed #500 Trainer Course in Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the Construction Industry and who are active trainers in the outreach program. It provides an update on such topics as OSHA construction standards, policies, and regulations.
Other qualifications and activities include:
- Instructor, The National Resource Center for OSHA training
- Designated as an Authorized Maritime Trainer by the U.S. Department of Labor- OSHA
- Accredited by the OSHA Training Institute (OTI) to conduct 10- and 30-hour certified outreach training programs
- Safety and risk management seminars for corporations
- Seminars on safety and risk management for the National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA)
- Safety management seminars with mid- and upper-level management for the Health Care Facilities Administration (HCFA) of the federal government
- Numerous seminars for the National Safety Council and Safety Council of Maryland on the following topics: human factors engineering; maritime safety; human relations; slips, trips and falls; accident investigation techniques; and system safety engineering